10 MUST HAVE VEGAN DISHES AT THE HIMALAYAN RESTAURANT
What is veganism?
Veganism is a type of vegetarian diet that excludes meat, eggs, dairy products and all other animal-derived ingredients. Is Himalayan Restaurant (Chicagoland – Niles and Gurnee) a good place for Vegans?
This question has been answered by our customers who frequent the restaurant for the huge selection of Vegan dishes. Vegan dishes do not have to be bland and taste like hospital food. At the Himalayan Restaurant these dishes are flavorfully cooked in traditional spices and Chef’s special curry sauce. These dishes are healthy and benefit the body, mind and soul.
Based on the popularity, we have narrowed down the top 10 vegan dishes at the Himalayan Restaurant.
10. Aloo Mutter: Green peas and potato cooked in Chef’s special curry sauce.
9. Chana Masala: Delicious chick peas cooked in an exotic blend of aromatic spices.
8. Farsi Bhaji: Green beans cooked with freshly grated coconut in coconut sauce and spices.
7. Vegetable Jalfrajee: Stir-fried mixed vegetables flavored with traditional spices and curry sauce.
6. Tandoori Vegetables: Fresh vegetables: cauliflower, broccoli, bell pepper, potato marinated in aromatic spices and roasted in a clay oven.
5. Bhindi Masala: Fresh okra sautéed with onion, tomato and spices.
4. Jhol Momo: Minced vegetable dumplings served in Chef’s special Himalayan soup.
3. Taadka Daal: Local-style boiled lentils sautéed with cumin seed, Himalayan herbs and spices.
2. Aloo Gobi: Fresh cauliflower and potato sautéed in mild spices with tomato, onion, ginger, garlic.
1. Vegetable Samosa: Crispy pastry stuffed with potatoes, green peas and deep fried.